You can straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign, the clear and comfortable alternative to traditional metal braces. With Invisalign, there are no hard metal brackets and wires to poke or irritate the gums and mouth. Invisalign utilizes soft, removable trays to gently straighten and align the teeth. Invisalign is an excellent option for adults and teens who want a beautiful, straight smile without wearing traditional braces that are readily noticeable. In San Antonio, TX, Invisalign is available through Dr. Emanuel Dehelean of Silver Oaks Dentistry.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a convenient and an effective method for discreetly straightening your smile. Unlike traditional braces with hard, metal brackets and wires, Invisalign uses soft plastic trays to straighten and align the teeth. The trays fit over the top and bottom rows of teeth and new trays are provided every few weeks. Positioning of the teeth changes slightly with each new set of trays, which is how the teeth are gently guided into the desired position. The trays are customized specifically for you. In San Antonio, Invisalign is offered at Silver Oaks Dentistry.
Advantages of Invisalign
There are several advantages to choosing Invisalign for straightening your smile. Invisalign offers comfort and convenience, while being discreet. Advantages of Invisalign include:
- The clear trays are discreet and barely noticeable to others.
- The trays are made from a soft plastic material and are comfortable to wear.
- There are no uncomfortable metal components to poke and irritate the mouth.
- The trays are easily removed when eating and drinking to prevent food particles from becoming trapped between the aligner trays and teeth.
- The trays can be removed when brushing and flossing to achieve a more thorough cleaning and better oral hygiene.
- The removable trays can be temporarily taken out when having your photo taken.
- The aligner trays provide protection against wear and tear for individuals who grind their teeth.
Straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign. The aligner trays are soft, comfortable, removable and discreet. The many advantages of Invisalign makes it an easy choice for straightening your teeth. For Invisalign in San Antonio, TX, schedule a consultation with Dr. Dehelean by calling Silver Oaks Dentistry at (210) 656-4699.
Flossing daily removes dental plaque that brushing cannot reach. By flossing your teeth on a daily basis, you increase the chances of keeping your natural teeth for a lifetime. Silver Oaks Dentistry, which is located in San Antonio, TX, offers a full range of dental services. Dr. Emanuel Dehelean recommends daily flossing as part of a regular oral hygiene routine. Here are four reasons why you should floss on a daily basis.
1. Prevent dental cavities- Flossing reduces your risk of tooth decay by preventing the build-up of dental plaque. Plaque is a biofilm of bacteria that forms on our teeth. These bacteria eventually start to break down the surfaces of the teeth, leading to cavities that need fillings.
2. Prevent gum disease- Routine oral care, which includes brushing at least twice a day and flossing at least once a day, is the best way to prevent gum disease. Plaque and tartar buildup on the teeth can lead to inflammation called gingivitis. If left unchecked, the plaque and tartar can spread below the gum line, causing periodontitis.
3. Keep your teeth strong- Daily flossing will keep your natural teeth strong for years to come. The bacteria in plaque produce acids that can cause cavities and harm enamel. Remove bacteria in those hard-to-reach places, and you will save yourself the pain of going under the drill.
4. Floss away your bad breath- Bad breath? The best way to control bad breath is by developing a thorough oral hygiene routine. However, you cannot count on brushing alone to remove the food and plaque from your teeth. Flossing helps to remove the particles of food that get stuck around your gums and between your teeth—those tricky places where some brushes can’t reach.
It's also important to see your San Antonio, TX dentist regularly to maintain good oral health. Don't wait another minute! Call Silver Oaks Dentistry at 210-656-4699 right now to schedule your next dental appointment in San Antonio, TX. Everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile.
How dental implants from San Antonio, Texas can improve your smile
You need a full set of teeth to complete your smile and help you chew the foods you love. If you have wide spaces in your smile due to missing teeth, it can affect your self-confidence. If you don’t have the full chewing function, it can affect your health. It’s time to think about restoring your smile to greatness with dental implants! Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas, wants to introduce you to the magic of dental implants.
You could choose old-school dental bridgework, partials or dentures to restore your smile, but there are disadvantages:
- Bridgework requires preparation of the teeth supporting the bridge, and bridges can look unnatural. They also require you to use floss threaders to clean underneath them.
- Partials and dentures often look unnatural as well, and they can move around while you are eating or speaking. You also have to take them out at night to soak them and they need a reline after a few years.
Dental implants are different. They are the closest to your natural teeth because they look completely natural and beautiful, and there are other advantages too. Dental implants are:
- Completely stable because they are embedded in bone and won’t move around
- Completely permanent because they are part of your smile and you don’t remove them
- Completely convenient because you brush and floss them just like your natural teeth
Dr. Dehelean will place your implants during a simple in-office procedure. The implant piece looks like a screw and is made of titanium, a material that is very strong, but also gentle on bone and soft tissue. In fact, your body will produce more bone to fuse with the screw, locking it in place. The screw becomes the “root” of your missing tooth.
After a healing period, a sparkling implant crown is placed on top of the screw. You now have a beautiful new implant! Dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth and can also support a dental appliance.
It’s time for you to consider restoring your smile with dental implants. Don’t go old-school when your smile depends on it. Instead, choose state-of-the-art dental implants to complete your smile. Call Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas. Find out more about restoring your smile with dental implants by calling today!
Are you ready to find out all that dentures could do for your smile?
So, you are dealing with tooth loss and looking for the right way to treat it, right? We understand how frustrating it can be to make these decisions but you don’t have to do it alone. Our San Antonio, TX, dentist, Dr. Emanuel Dehelean, is happy to help you decide on the right treatment for you. Here is what you can expect to gain if you choose to get dentures.
What are dentures?
You’ve probably heard of dentures before but perhaps you aren’t really sure what they look like or how they work. This is where we come in. This prosthetic device is custom-made to replace your missing teeth, as well as the gums surrounding it.
There are different kinds of dentures from which to choose but the two most common are partial and complete. As the name clearly suggests, partial dentures will be best for those with some tooth loss while full dentures are ideal for those with total tooth loss.
What are some of the pros of getting dentures in San Antonio?
While dentures may not seem like the most amazing or state-of-the-art way to replace missing teeth, there is a reason they are still being used after all of these years. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you get dentures:
- Dentures will give you a full smile back. Yes, it will take some time to get used to them and they won’t feel exactly like natural teeth but you will have a full set of teeth again and that’s what’s most important.
- Dentures will restore speaking and chewing. If you have extensive tooth loss you may have quickly noticed how it affected common activities that we often take for granted. You may have developed a profound lisp or found it difficult to eat most foods, but getting dentures can soon fix all that for the long term.
- You’ll feel confident in your smile once again. We know it can feel embarrassing to talk or smile in public when you have missing teeth. By getting dentures from our San Antonio cosmetic dentist you too can improve your self-esteem and your appearance.
Are you ready to learn more about dentures and to find out if they are right for you? If so, then call Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, TX, today to schedule your no-risk consultation. We would be happy to discuss all of your treatment options with you.
There are several different types of braces available today. Braces, also called orthodontics, can be used to straighten crooked teeth, close large gaps between teeth or correct a misaligned bite, in which the top and bottom row of teeth do not line up properly. If you need braces to correct any of these dental concerns, you don’t necessarily need to visit an orthodontist. At Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, TX Dr. Emanuel Dehelean can help you select the right type of braces for your needs.
Types of Braces
Braces are a common orthodontic method for straightening teeth and correcting misaligned bites. The different types of braces include traditional metal braces, clear aligners, such as Invisalign, lingual braces and clear ceramic braces. Based on your specific dental needs, your San Antonio dentist can advise you on which type of braces might work best for you.
Metal braces, clear braces and lingual braces are all similar to one another. These different types of braces each use brackets and wires to move the teeth. For both metal braces and clear braces, the brackets and wires are placed on the front of the teeth. The main difference between the two is that the brackets for clear braces are made from white ceramic that blends in with the teeth, making them less noticeable than the silver brackets of metal braces. For lingual braces, the brackets and wires are even less noticeable as they are placed on the backs of the teeth.
A fourth type of braces utilizes clear aligners to straighten the teeth and close up gaps. A name brand of clear aligners that many people are familiar with is Invisalign, but there are other brands that work the same way. Clear aligners utilize trays that fit over the top and bottom rows of teeth. The trays are made from soft plastic and are custom fit to each patient’s teeth. A major advantage of clear aligners is that they are removable, which makes brushing easier and prevents food from getting trapped in the aligners when eating.
There are many different types of braces to suit everyone’s needs. To learn more about which type of braces might be right for you, speak with Dr. Dehelean, your San Antonio, TX dentist. To schedule an appointment, contact Silver Oaks Dentistry by calling (210) 656-4699.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.