If there’s one dental problem that will inspire a patient to make time to visit the dentist, it’s missing teeth. While many patients look to dentures and other temporary options as the solution, a dental implant just might be the better solution. Consider these top 10 benefits of dental implants for the patients of San Antonio dental implants dentist Dr. Emanuel F. Dehelean, DMD.
- Tooth implants are a permanent solution to a previously permanent problem. Dentures are temporary and removable while dental implants stay fixed in place.
- They look as good if not better than your existing teeth. After implanting the new root, a beautiful new restoration can be created with the right shade and shape for your smile.
- Dental implants will stay rooted in your jawbone as long as your other teeth – maybe even longer. With good care and maintenance an implant could last a lifetime.
- You can brush and floss an implanted tooth without taking it out of your mouth like a partial denture.
- You don’t have to worry about a tooth implant falling out while you’re talking or eating.
- The tooth restoration that San Antonio dental implants dentist Dr. Dehelean creates for you (usually a porcelain veneer) will resist staining better than your natural teeth and maintain its pearly white coloring.
- A tooth implantation procedure can be done in as little as two visits. You have to schedule two main appointments: one to place the implant into the jawbone and another to fit the artificial tooth restoration to the top of the implant abutment.
- Dental implants look more natural than dentures. Dentures fit over your existing gums and have a more “artificial” appearance. With an implant you’ll see your own gums when you smile.
- Your new tooth won’t have to rely on the support of your adjacent teeth, as is the case with bridgework. Because a bridge is securely to the teeth on either side, it is dependent on the stability of the rest of your teeth. A dental implant is independent of other teeth.
- You’ll probably forget you have implants in your mouth as time goes on. The only time you’ll remember you have an implanted tooth is when you get an X-ray.
Learn more about the many benefits of tooth implantation from San Antonio dental implants dentist Dr. Dehelean by exploring our website or by calling our office at (210) 656-4699 to request an appointment.