Posts for: March, 2016
Want to find out if sedation dentistry could help ease your dental anxieties?
Dental fears and phobias are real, and so many people have them. It’s unfortunate that this issue even exists, as it prevents people from getting the proper dental care that they both need and deserve to maintain a healthy smile. If you don’t know the last time you visited your San Antonio dentist, Dr. Emanuel Dehelean, due to fear, it’s time you learned more about sedation dentistry and how it can help you.
What is sedation dentistry?
There a several different forms of sedation dentistry, but the two most popular options offered by your San Antonio general dentist is oral and inhalation sedation. Oral sedation can provide mild to more moderate forms of sedation to help ease you into your dental procedure. While you won’t be unconscious, you will experience a euphoric, relaxed and maybe even tired state. Some patients do fall asleep and some don’t even remember their procedure.
Inhalation sedation (you may know it as “laughing gas”) is another great way to get fast anxiety relief while in the dentist’s chair. This is a wonderful option because the effects are instant but will wear away quickly after your procedure. Many patients can even drive themselves home afterwards.
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the benefits you can expect when you opt for sedation dentistry in San Antonio, TX:
- A pleasant, peaceful and comfortable dental visit
- Sedation that is safe, effective and FDA-approved
- No IV needles for sedation
- No anxiety or stress during your procedure or visit
- We can easily treat your dental problems before they get worse
- You can sit comfortably for longer periods of time in order to get the care your smile needs
Who is a good candidate for sedation dentistry?
While those who fear the dentist are often great candidates for sedation, there are other people who can also benefit:
- Those with dental sensitivities or a sensitive gag reflex
- Those who fear needles or the dental drill
- Those who have difficulty becoming numb
- Those who have difficulty staying in one position for an extended period of time
Want to find out if sedation dentistry could take the edge off your next dental visit? Then call Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, TX today.