Posts for tag: dental implants
How dental implants from San Antonio, Texas can improve your smile
You need a full set of teeth to complete your smile and help you chew the foods you love. If you have wide spaces in your smile due to missing teeth, it can affect your self-confidence. If you don’t have the full chewing function, it can affect your health. It’s time to think about restoring your smile to greatness with dental implants! Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas, wants to introduce you to the magic of dental implants.
You could choose old-school dental bridgework, partials or dentures to restore your smile, but there are disadvantages:
- Bridgework requires preparation of the teeth supporting the bridge, and bridges can look unnatural. They also require you to use floss threaders to clean underneath them.
- Partials and dentures often look unnatural as well, and they can move around while you are eating or speaking. You also have to take them out at night to soak them and they need a reline after a few years.
Dental implants are different. They are the closest to your natural teeth because they look completely natural and beautiful, and there are other advantages too. Dental implants are:
- Completely stable because they are embedded in bone and won’t move around
- Completely permanent because they are part of your smile and you don’t remove them
- Completely convenient because you brush and floss them just like your natural teeth
Dr. Dehelean will place your implants during a simple in-office procedure. The implant piece looks like a screw and is made of titanium, a material that is very strong, but also gentle on bone and soft tissue. In fact, your body will produce more bone to fuse with the screw, locking it in place. The screw becomes the “root” of your missing tooth.
After a healing period, a sparkling implant crown is placed on top of the screw. You now have a beautiful new implant! Dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth and can also support a dental appliance.
It’s time for you to consider restoring your smile with dental implants. Don’t go old-school when your smile depends on it. Instead, choose state-of-the-art dental implants to complete your smile. Call Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas. Find out more about restoring your smile with dental implants by calling today!
How dental implants can help you and your smile
Dental implants are one of the most versatile dental treatments available today. They are the high-tech, modern way to replace one or several missing teeth. Dental implants fill in the gaps created by missing teeth and enhance your smile. Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas wants to help you discover what dental implants can do for you.
Dr. Dehelean can place your dental implants to restore chewing function and complete your smile. Whether you’ve lost one tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants can bring back what you are missing. Dental implants can even be used to support a denture, called an overdenture, which is snapped in place over the implants.
A major benefit of dental implants is they actually help you retain the bone in your jaw, giving you a firm jawline and making you look younger! That’s because if you’ve lost teeth, you begin to lose bone. If you’ve worn partials or dentures for many years, the pressure of the dental appliance actually makes you lose bone even faster. Dental implants help to create more bone because your bone fuses with the dental implant.
Dr. Dehelean wants you to know why dental implants are one procedure that can fix many problems. When you choose dental implants, you will experience a:
- Highly successful treatment, with a success rate over 95 percent!
- Cosmetically beautiful solution; because they look just like your natural teeth
- Convenient option; because you don’t have to take them out to clean them
- Permanent solution; because they are embedded in bone
- Conservative treatment; because Dr. Dehelean doesn’t need to prepare the adjacent teeth, unlike with a bridgework
Dental implants are the one solution to fix many problems including replacing missing or badly damaged teeth. They also help to create more bone, re-establishing the youthful contours of your face. You deserve to have full chewing ability and look great too. Dental implants are the one answer for you! It’s time to call Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas. Call today and discover the magic of dental implants!
Thinking about getting dental implants? Find out what to expect.
Just as you need to be committed to oral hygiene in order to keep your smile healthy you also need to be committed to dental treatments and procedures when it comes to caring for dental problems. If you are suffering from tooth loss you may be weighing the pros and cons of dental implants. While implants do offer a multitude of benefits the procedure can be long and complicated. Find out what getting dental implants from your San Antonio dentist Dr. Emanuel Dehelean actually entails.
Built to Last
What other cosmetic dental treatment can boast a long-term solution to tooth loss? Only dental implants can because they are designed to not only look but also function like a natural tooth. This is because implants are meant to replace tooth roots, which hold a tooth in place and help stimulate the jawbone to continue producing healthy new bone cells. Implants are also made from titanium, which make them durable and resilient, just like natural teeth.
Protect your jawbone
Tooth loss can cause further complications for your smile if you don’t do something about it. One of the complications is jawbone deterioration, which happens when the jawbone no longer has the tooth roots to stimulate the production of new cells. As a result the jawbone loses density, causing your facial structure to also suffer. Only your San Antonio dentist can help prevent jaw deterioration with dental implants. Better yet, implants also stimulate the growth of new bone cells.
Mimic Natural Teeth
Sure, nothing is as great as having a natural smile but if you are dealing with tooth loss you just want to replace your missing teeth with the next best alternative. This happens to be dental implants. They are resilient and strong, just like natural teeth. Other dental restorations may take some adjustment to get used to eating, speaking and smiling with them, but with dental implants you won’t have to worry about any of these things. They function just like natural teeth so there’s nothing to get used to.
While getting dental implants can be a challenge it can be well worth the effort for many patients. Find out if implants are right for you by scheduling a consultation with your San Antonio dentist Dr. Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry.
- Opt for softer foods like soups, rice, mashed potatoes, eggs and yogurts, especially in the beginning of the healing process; however, this rule is especially important for the first two days after surgery.
- Eat foods at room temperature immediately after your procedure.
- Drink lots of water. It’s important to stay hydrated as it will boost your immune system and promote the healing process.
- Eat crunchy foods like chips or pretzels for six to eight weeks after surgery.
- Eat chewy foods like gum, cookies or red meat, as it can pull the implant away from the gums.
- Eat anything that could get lodged between your teeth like seeds, nuts or popcorn.
- Drink or eat anything hot right after surgery. The anesthesia will numb your mouth and make it difficult for you to judge how hot something is. We don’t want you to risk getting burned.
- Use a straw when enjoying a beverage.
- Drink alcohol for 24 hours after your surgery.
- Tooth implants are a permanent solution to a previously permanent problem. Dentures are temporary and removable while dental implants stay fixed in place.
- They look as good if not better than your existing teeth. After implanting the new root, a beautiful new restoration can be created with the right shade and shape for your smile.
- Dental implants will stay rooted in your jawbone as long as your other teeth – maybe even longer. With good care and maintenance an implant could last a lifetime.
- You can brush and floss an implanted tooth without taking it out of your mouth like a partial denture.
- You don’t have to worry about a tooth implant falling out while you’re talking or eating.
- The tooth restoration that San Antonio dental implants dentist Dr. Dehelean creates for you (usually a porcelain veneer) will resist staining better than your natural teeth and maintain its pearly white coloring.
- A tooth implantation procedure can be done in as little as two visits. You have to schedule two main appointments: one to place the implant into the jawbone and another to fit the artificial tooth restoration to the top of the implant abutment.
- Dental implants look more natural than dentures. Dentures fit over your existing gums and have a more “artificial” appearance. With an implant you’ll see your own gums when you smile.
- Your new tooth won’t have to rely on the support of your adjacent teeth, as is the case with bridgework. Because a bridge is securely to the teeth on either side, it is dependent on the stability of the rest of your teeth. A dental implant is independent of other teeth.
- You’ll probably forget you have implants in your mouth as time goes on. The only time you’ll remember you have an implanted tooth is when you get an X-ray.