Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
We believe that no one should be able to see your dental fillings when you smile.
Finding out you have a cavity is never a fun moment; however, cavities are one of the easiest problems to treat. Once the decay has been removed, it’s time to rebuild it. While dental fillings can be made from a variety of different materials, our San Antonio, TX, dentist, Dr. Emanuel Dehelean, wants to make sure that your filling blends in with the rest of your smile. This is why we offer tooth-colored fillings.
It’s important to restore a tooth after a cavity to restore its appearance and strength. Rebuilding a tooth is important and you want a restoration that will give you your beautiful smile back.
You want a cosmetic dentist in San Antonio that has an artistic touch when it comes to creating dental restorations. Making sure that the restoration you get, whether it’s a filling or a dental veneer, offers you a natural, gorgeous smile is key. That’s always our goal here at Silver Oaks Dentistry.
Once the tooth has been treated, we will choose the proper shade of resin to match your tooth. From there, we will apply the malleable resin and shape it to the contours of the tooth. Layer after layer is applied, shaped and then hardened with a dental light. Placing the filling is completely painless and non-invasive, and won’t take very long to complete. With a final polish, your new tooth will look just as it did before the cavity.
Of course, the same resin used for your filling can be used for strictly cosmetic purposes, too. Say you have a small chip, crack, discoloration or gap in your smile. If it’s minor enough and only affects the appearance and not the function of your teeth, then this resin can be applied to these imperfections to hide them. This cosmetic treatment is known as dental bonding and it’s one of the easiest and least expensive ways to improve the appearance of your smile.
Do you have questions about tooth-colored dental fillings? Want to learn more about the services we offer? Then call Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, TX, today.
How dental implants from San Antonio, Texas can improve your smile
You need a full set of teeth to complete your smile and help you chew the foods you love. If you have wide spaces in your smile due to missing teeth, it can affect your self-confidence. If you don’t have the full chewing function, it can affect your health. It’s time to think about restoring your smile to greatness with dental implants! Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas, wants to introduce you to the magic of dental implants.
You could choose old-school dental bridgework, partials or dentures to restore your smile, but there are disadvantages:
- Bridgework requires preparation of the teeth supporting the bridge, and bridges can look unnatural. They also require you to use floss threaders to clean underneath them.
- Partials and dentures often look unnatural as well, and they can move around while you are eating or speaking. You also have to take them out at night to soak them and they need a reline after a few years.
Dental implants are different. They are the closest to your natural teeth because they look completely natural and beautiful, and there are other advantages too. Dental implants are:
- Completely stable because they are embedded in bone and won’t move around
- Completely permanent because they are part of your smile and you don’t remove them
- Completely convenient because you brush and floss them just like your natural teeth
Dr. Dehelean will place your implants during a simple in-office procedure. The implant piece looks like a screw and is made of titanium, a material that is very strong, but also gentle on bone and soft tissue. In fact, your body will produce more bone to fuse with the screw, locking it in place. The screw becomes the “root” of your missing tooth.
After a healing period, a sparkling implant crown is placed on top of the screw. You now have a beautiful new implant! Dental implants can replace one or more missing teeth and can also support a dental appliance.
It’s time for you to consider restoring your smile with dental implants. Don’t go old-school when your smile depends on it. Instead, choose state-of-the-art dental implants to complete your smile. Call Dr. Emanuel Dehelean at Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, Texas. Find out more about restoring your smile with dental implants by calling today!
Are you ready to find out all that dentures could do for your smile?
So, you are dealing with tooth loss and looking for the right way to treat it, right? We understand how frustrating it can be to make these decisions but you don’t have to do it alone. Our San Antonio, TX, dentist, Dr. Emanuel Dehelean, is happy to help you decide on the right treatment for you. Here is what you can expect to gain if you choose to get dentures.
What are dentures?
You’ve probably heard of dentures before but perhaps you aren’t really sure what they look like or how they work. This is where we come in. This prosthetic device is custom-made to replace your missing teeth, as well as the gums surrounding it.
There are different kinds of dentures from which to choose but the two most common are partial and complete. As the name clearly suggests, partial dentures will be best for those with some tooth loss while full dentures are ideal for those with total tooth loss.
What are some of the pros of getting dentures in San Antonio?
While dentures may not seem like the most amazing or state-of-the-art way to replace missing teeth, there is a reason they are still being used after all of these years. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you get dentures:
- Dentures will give you a full smile back. Yes, it will take some time to get used to them and they won’t feel exactly like natural teeth but you will have a full set of teeth again and that’s what’s most important.
- Dentures will restore speaking and chewing. If you have extensive tooth loss you may have quickly noticed how it affected common activities that we often take for granted. You may have developed a profound lisp or found it difficult to eat most foods, but getting dentures can soon fix all that for the long term.
- You’ll feel confident in your smile once again. We know it can feel embarrassing to talk or smile in public when you have missing teeth. By getting dentures from our San Antonio cosmetic dentist you too can improve your self-esteem and your appearance.
Are you ready to learn more about dentures and to find out if they are right for you? If so, then call Silver Oaks Dentistry in San Antonio, TX, today to schedule your no-risk consultation. We would be happy to discuss all of your treatment options with you.